Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- This month we recorded 73 members and guests at our July meeting. We had 64 visitors to the History Center throughout the month. The gift shop took in $352.58!
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers; Lois Taylor, and Demetria Sapienza for helping get the newsletter into the mail, and to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter. Thanks also to Sylvia Snook for covering the History Center desk so Rebecca could be off.
- Treasurer’s Report: The 2012-2013 budget was approved as presented by Demetria and Darlene. Thanks to the Town of Carolina Beach for their ongoing support. We should be able to make it through another year without cuts in programs and services.
- New Members: Welcome to new members Andrew Mackie of Yadkinville, Karen and Terry Linehan of Carolina Beach, and Diane Upton and Doug Springer of Wilmington Water Tours.
- Thanks to Sylvia and Demetria for cleaning the History Center this month. We still need volunteers for August, September, and October.
- Our sympathies to the family of Society member Jean Nance who passed away on August 1 after a short illness.
A committee consisting of Darlene Bright, Cheri McNeill, Demetria Sapienza, and Ann Hertzler is beginning to work on a new edition of the cookbook the Society published in 1997.
We hope to add new recipes so dig out your recipe box and think about donating some of your favorites to us. We also hope to include many more historic pictures and stories to make it both unique and collectible. We would be glad to have suggestions for historical events you’d like to see included.
We will also need TYPISTS to type the old (and new) recipes into electronic format. Please let one of the committee members know if you can take some pages to re-type.