by Darlene Bright, History Center Director
A huge thanks to the Town of Carolina Beach for putting a new roof on the History Center! We feel a lot saver facing Hurricane season with a nice tight “lid” on our archives.
• Thanks to Henry Capillary Jr. we now have a good collection of pictures and documents on “Cappy” another of our Island’s unique and memorable characters.
• This month we recorded 40 members at our August Meeting. The History Center recorded 79 visitors! The gift shop took in $54.95 The History Center was used by Got-‘em-on Live and The Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project.
• New Members. Welcome to Becky and Tom Cook of Carolina Beach and Emily Perkins of Mebane.
• Thanks to Elaine Henson and Pat Bolander for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was on vacation!
• Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Carl Filipiak and Ron Griffin for working on the cataloging of the subject files. That project is finally beginning to move ahead.
• Newsletter: Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.