by: Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Our sympathies to the family of Bill Parker, of Parker Protective Services. He was a long time business member of the Society who passed back in April.
- This month we recorded 29 members at our August Meeting. The History Center recorded 54 visitors! The gift shop took in $22.97 The History Center was used by Got-‘em-on Live and the UDC.
- New Members. Welcome to Sharon and Gary Walters of Carolina Beach and Le Ann and Kyle Pierce of Carolina Beach.
- Thanks to Pat Bolander, Ron Griffin, Lois Taylor, Carol Ufferman, Demetria Sapienza and Darlene Bright for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was on vacation!
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteer Carl Filipiak for working on the cataloging of the subject files. He’s finished the first drawer and keeps going strong.
- Newsletter: Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
- Thanks to our new History Center volunteer Andre’ Blouin who is beginning to work on a new and improved web site and getting the gift shop books for sale on our web site.
Our Business Members
Ned Barnes, Attorney
Beach Portraits Photography
Britt’s Donut Shop
Charles Henson Painting
Coastal K-9 Bakery, Inc
First Citizens Bank
Got-Em-On-Live Bait Club
Historical Society of Topsail Island
Kure Beach Fishing Pier
Bob McKoy- Network Real Estate
Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce
Taylor’s Heating & Air, Inc
Tom Sayre Construction
Tucker Bros. Realty Company
Wilmington Water Tours