Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Active member and longtime Social Committee chair, Virginia Frances, passed away Thursday March 7 after a long struggle with a number of health issues. Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.
- This month we recorded 23 members and guests at our February meeting. The History Center recorded 32 visitors. The gift shop took in $100.99.
- Please welcome new business member Cynthia Remahl, Realtor, with Intracoastal Realty Corporation of Carolina Beach.
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Demetria Sapienza and Lois Taylor for keeping the History Center open when Rebecca needed a day off. And, thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
- Thanks to Carl Filipiak who has begun cataloging all our subject files on Friday mornings! It’s going to be great to have those files indexed in our regular catalog.
Rebecca has been madly clipping almost 10 years of old newspapers that had accumulated in our archives. Now we have lots and lots of clippings and new subject folders that need to be filed. No computer experience required.
If you have a couple of hours a week for a short term project please consider helping us get all our resources in tip-top shape. We also need people with some basic computer experience to enter these subject records into our online catalog, which is a much more long term project.