Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- We’ve looked at next year’s budget and postage continues to take up a large chunk of change. If you have e-mail, please consider getting your Newsletter electronically. It’s much prettier, more timely, and in color that way. If you aren’t quite in the 21st century technologically we’ll still mail to you – But one of our members who wants to save paper copies has come up with a great idea. He gets his via e-mail and then picks up a paper copy when he comes to the meeting. (That way we save postage.) Remember: the most current Newsletter is always posted on our web site: Federal-Point-History.org The last 16 months of Newsletters can always be always found at: federal-point-history.org/category/current-newsletter/ Just click the ‘Newsletters’ tab in the right hand column.
- The History Center recorded 62 visitors in August. We had 35 in attendance at the August meeting. The gift shop took in a healthy $269.22; NOT counting all the cookbooks sold. The History Center was also used by Got-‘em-on Live Bait Fishing Club. PLEASE NOTE: We have a couple of long sleeve T-shirts and some FPHPS sweatshirts on sale. T-Shirts – $5.00. Sweatshirts – $12.00. Great for yard work or other grungy projects.
- Please welcome new lifetime member Lloyd Saunders of McKinney Texas, and new Business members Island Tackle and Hardware of Carolina Beach and Big Daddy’s of Kure Beach.
- Thanks to Demetria Sapienza, and Lois Taylor for helping get the Newsletter in the mail this month. Also thanks to Sylvia, Juanita, Ron, and Lois for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was away.
- Thanks AGAIN to Andre’ Blouin for all the time he’s put into the new website. Tony Phillips is keeping things growing on our Facebook page. By posting snippets from articles posted on our website, Tony’s directing thousands of Facebook viewers back to our Federal Point History Center website. If you are on Facebook please take time to “like” us and share our posts.
- And don’t forget! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours please tell them you are a member of FPHPS! If you do, we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us 458-0502, or them 338-3134. wilmingtonwatertours.net
We have had two wonderful prints of Carolina Beach scenes donated by Ronald Williams via Norm Melton.
Raffle Tickets are $1.00 apiece, 12 for $10.00, or 25 for $20.00.
We’ll hold the drawing at the Christmas Party, December 15th. You don’t have to be present to win.
Officers and Directors – Federal Point Historical Preservation Society
Please Support Our Business Members (link for Business Members, addresses, etc)
Christmas is coming!
Have you bought your cookbooks yet?