By Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- The History Center recorded 62 visitors in October. There were 37 people in attendance at the October meeting. The History Center was used by the Got-Em-On Live Bait Fishing Club and the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC).
- Please keep Rebecca Taylor in your thoughts and prayers. She fell right after our September meeting and broke her leg. She is recovering nicely at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. She will be staying in the hospital, but in the rehab part of the hospital.
- And don’t forget!! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours, please tell them you are a member of the FPHPS! If you do, we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us at 910-458-0502 or them at 910-338-3134. wilmingtonwatertours.net
- A great big thanks goes out to Steve Arthur and Pam and Eddie Capel for providing refreshments at the October meeting.
- The Friends of Fort Fisher are sponsoring Fort Fisher’s Christmas Open House on December 1, 2018, from 10:00 AM till 4 PM. Cookies will be provided by the UDC.
- Welcome to new members, Paul D. Buehler and Elaine G. Farias, Polly Burtelow and Victoria J. F. Palmer, all of Carolina Beach.
- By special request, Steve Arthur will be doing a Historic Boardwalk Tour for the Island Women on November 27 at 10:00 AM.
- Thanks to our volunteers in October, James Kohler, Steve Arthur, Darlene Bright and Leslie Bright.
- Christmas season is upon us! When making out your Christmas list, think of all the really good books, especially our Cookbook, and other nice gifts in the History Center Gift Shop to give to friends and family members.