By Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- The History Center recorded 70 visitors in January. We had 52 in attendance at the January meeting. The gift shop took in $65.98 in January. The History Center was used by Got-Em-On Live Bait Fishing Club and the United Daughters of the Confederacy for their monthly meetings.
- Battle of Fort Fisher 151st Reenactment: We had a great weekend, helped by great weather and great volunteers. Thanks go out to Cheri McNeill, Paul Slebodnik, Jim Dugan, Tony Phillips, Phil and Demetria Sapienza, Darlene and Leslie Bright, and Steve Arthur for spending the whole day at the hot dog stand.
Thanks also to our cookie bakers: Doris Bame, Jean Stewart, Jane Dugan, Nancy Gadzuk, Demetria Sapienza, Cheri McNeill, Jeannie Gordon, Elaine Henson Tony Phillips, and Juanita Winner. TOTAL PROFIT AFTER EXPENSES: $1,000 with a little help from an anonymous donor.
- There is lots of progress on taking care of ongoing maintenance issues with the History Center. The building has been pressure washed and is being prepped for a new paint job. A huge thanks to everyone who’s pitched in on the prep work: Skip Henson, Leslie Bright, Jim Dugan, Andre Blouin, Vic Alocci, and Nancy Gadzuk.
- WOW! Three new personal members, one new lifetime family member and one new Business member. Welcome to Eileen and Bill Shober of Rocky Pt. and Cindy Washington of Kure Beach. John Virgint of Kure Beach and Ohio has joined as a Lifetime Family member. Our new business member, Island Athletic Club that is located in Carolina Beach. A big thanks to Paul Laird who renewed as a Lifetime Family Member.
- At the January Board Meeting the Board voted that all members will receive a 10% discount on all items in the gift shop. Let the buying begin!