Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Our thoughts and prayers go to the family of Lois Walton, a life-time and founding member of the Society. Lois passed away on March 28 and she will be sorely missed by the entire Federal Point community.
- Sadly, we have also learned of the passing of Linda Newton on April 8. Linda was a faithful member of the Society and she and husband, Bob, were instrumental in getting the Newton Cemetery and Home Site on the National Register of Historic Place. Our thoughts and prayers go to the whole Newton family.
- The History Center recorded 85 visitors in March. We had 55 at the March meeting and had 37 take the Sugar Loaf Walk. The gift shop took in a record breaking $465.42. The History Center was used by Got-‘em-on Live, the UDC and the Sugar Loaf Preservation Group.
- Welcome to new life-time member, Jason Boykin of Carolina Beach and new business member Pleasure Island Foundation for a Sustainable Community.
- Thanks also to our History Center Volunteer Carl Filipiak who is working on the cataloging of the subject files. Also, thanks to Andre’ Blouin for all the time he’s put into the new website. The website is up and it’s chock full of all kinds of great information. Look around: federal-point-history.org
- As always thanks to Demetria Sapienza for all her work on the Society’s treasury and for cataloging the DVD programs for the collection. Heartfelt thanks go to both Demetria and Ron Griffin for covering a Saturday Rebecca needed to be off.
- And don’t forget! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours please tell them you are a member of FPHPS! If you do we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us 458-0502, or them 338-3134. wilmingtonwatertours.net
Please Support our Business Members