By Darlene Bright, History Center Director
Hurricanes Diana, Bertha, Fran, Dennis, Floyd and even Florence!
We’ve been organizing and cataloging all the photos in our collection. We’ve got lots and lots of pictures from the days right after Hurricane Hazel and the damage caused by what’s called the Great Atlantic Hurricane of 1944, but we have almost no pictures from our “modern” storms.
If you have pictures please consider LOANING them to us to scan and add to our digital archives. We’ll give them back, and give you a digital copy as well. So dig out those scrapbooks or boxes of photos stashed in the closet and help us document an important historic aspect of life on our coast.
- The History Center recorded 92 visitors in November. There were 35 people at the November meeting.
- Elaine Henson and Steve Arthur led one Boardwalk Walking Tour for a group of 21. Donation $200.00.
- The History Center was used by the Got-Em-On Live Bait Club and the UDC.
- Welcome to new members Allison and Jonathan Rankin of Carolina Beach, Amanda and Nestor of Carolina Beach, and Shelley Wiltshire of Wilmington.
- Welcome to new Business Member, Kristen Dunn of BlueCoast Realty Corp.
- Thanks to Pam Capel, Karen Sullivan, and Kathy Schultz for providing refreshments for the October meeting.