By Darlene Bright, History Center Director
We’re doing it again this Summer!
Historic Carolina Beach Boardwalk
10 am every Tuesday!
June 18, 2019 – September 3, 2019
50 minutes walking tour
Elected at the July Meeting for the 2019-2020 Year.
President — Elaine Henson
Vice President — Lauren Gibbs
Secretary — vacant,
Board Members for 2019-2021 – John Moseley, Byron Moore, Brenda Coffey, Jay Winner.
- The History Center recorded 93 visitors in June. There were 71 people at the July meeting!
- The History Center was used by the Got-Em-On Live Bait Club.
- Welcome to new members James and Dianne Braswell of Carolina Beach, Jeffrey and Kathleen Bockert of Kinston, and new business member Bullard Realty of Carolina Beach.
- Thanks to Jim Kohler for helping with the July Newsletter.
- Thanks to Juanita Winner and Barbara Smith for providing refreshments for the July Meeting.
Our Plaque program is back on track and we’re receiving almost one application a month! We want to especially thank Ned Barnes and his staff for volunteering to do the title searches on the properties. This makes the approval of an application much easier on the property owner and on our review committee.
Ned is a longtime business member and supporter of the Society. If you see Ned, be sure to give him a big thank you for all his support and we highly recommend him for any legal needs you may have. He’s right on the island at Pleasure Island Plaza, 1009 Lake Park Boulevard, North or call at 910-458-4466. Thanks again, Ned!