Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Thanks to everybody who helped with our booth at Island Day on September 28. Leslie and Darlene Bright, Tony Phillips, Jean Stewart and Barry Nelder helped get our message out to the entire local community.
- The History Center recorded 65 visitors in September. We had 40 in attendance at the September meeting. The gift shop took $136.85. The cookbooks are selling at a steady pace. The History Center was also used by Got-‘em-on Live Bait Fishing Club and the UDC-Fort Fisher Chapter. PLEASE NOTE: We have a couple of long sleeve T-shirts and some FPHPS sweatshirts on sale. T-Shirts – $5.00. Sweatshirts – $12.00. Great for yard work or other grungy projects.
- Please welcome new lifetime members Michael and Linda Smith of Kure Beach, and Sarah Efird of Carolina Beach. A heartfelt “Welcome back” to Jimmy Bartley,” one of our earliest Presidents.
- Thanks to Demetria Sapienza, and Darlene Bright for helping get the Newsletter in the mail this month. Also thanks to Demetria Sapienza, Jeannie Gordon, Ron Griffin, Pat Bolander and Elaine Henson for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was away. [One more weekend in October and I’m staying put for the winter!]
- Thanks AGAIN to Andre’ Blouin for all the time he’s put into the website. The website makes available all kinds of great information. Please take time to visit: federal-point-history.org. Tony Phillips is keeping things growing on our Facebook page. If you are on Facebook please take time to “like” us and share our posts.
- And don’t forget! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours please tell them you are a member of FPHPS! If you do we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us 458-0502, or them 338-3134. wilmingtonwatertours.net
We have had two wonderful prints of Carolina Beach scenes donated by Ronald Williams via. Norm Melton. Tickets are $1.00 apiece, 12 for $10.00, or 25 for $20.00. We’ll hold the drawing at the Christmas Party. You don’t have to be present to win.