Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- DONATIONS! Thanks to Judy and Byron Moore for purchasing the rack to hold all the folding chairs at the History Center. It will make set-up and clean-up SO much easier! And thanks to Norm Melton for donating a seashell sculpture made by his mother Marie. It is a great example of the kind of beach souvenir that was popular on the boardwalk in its heyday.
- WWT Cruise: Thanks to Beverly Tetterton and Doug Springer for their wonderful narration of the historic and natural history of the Wilmington waterfront, Eagles Island, and Navassa. I ALWAYS learn something new when I take one of Wilmington Water Tours excursions.
- Thanks to everybody who helped at our refreshment stand at the “Friends of Fort Fisher” Concert on November 1. Darlene and Demetria spent a good deal of time figuring out what to sell and purchasing it all. The work crew that afternoon/evening included Demetria and Phil Sapienza, Andre Blouin and Nancy Gadzuk, and Tony Phillips and his friend Melanie. They loaded up coolers, and cases of drinks, drove it to Brunswick County, set it all up to sell, and then hauled the leftovers back to the History Center, unloaded it, and inventoried what didn’t sell.
- The History Center recorded 84 visitors in October. We had 35 in attendance at the October meeting. The gift shop took $144.88. The cookbooks are selling at a steady pace. The History Center was also used by Got-‘em-on Live Bait Fishing Club and the UDC-Fort Fisher Chapter, and the Committee for the Carolina Beach Walk of Fame. PLEASE NOTE: We have a couple of long sleeve T-shirts and some FPHPS sweatshirts on sale. T-Shirts – $5.00. Sweatshirts – $12.00. Great for yard work or other grungy projects.
- Please welcome new members Robert and Liz Greenwald of Wilmington.
- Thanks to Sylvia Snook, Juanita Winner, Pat Bolander and Ron Griffin for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was away.
- Thanks to Andre’ Blouin for contributing time and energy into our growing website. Tony Phillips is keeping things growing on our Facebook page. If you are on Facebook please take time to “like” us and share our posts.
- And don’t forget! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours please tell them you are a member of FPHPS! If you do we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us 458-0502, or them 338-3134. wilmingtonwatertours.net
We have had two wonderful prints of Carolina Beach scenes donated by Ronald Williams via. Norm Melton.
Tickets are $1.00 apiece, 12 for $10.00, or 25 for $20.00.
We’ll hold the drawing at the Christmas Party. You don’t have to be present to win.