Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- This month we recorded 39 members and guests at our April meeting. The History Center recorded 56 visitors. The gift shop took in $57.40.
- Former Board Member Jack Travis died on May 2 at his home. Please keep his family and friends in your thoughts and prayers.
- Our sympathies to Linda and the whole Newton family at the passing of Robert Newton. Linda and Bob were early active members of the Society and instrumental in the historical documentation of the Newton Cemetery and the role the Newton family played in the early settlement of the Federal Point area.
- Please welcome new members John Mosley of Wilmington, Jerry Hall of Carolina Beach and Dennis Wrynn of Kure Beach. Also please welcome new business member Tom Sayre of Tom Sayre Construction, Inc.
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Carl Filipiak and Ron Griffin for working on the cataloging of the subject files. That project is finally beginning to move ahead.
- Thanks to all the members who helped out at the Kure Beach Grand Opening of the New Ocean Front Park. Barry Nelder and Darlene and Leslie Bright who organized our participation in the event as well as Jeannie Gordon, Frankie Jones, Juanita Winner, Luanna McGurren, Paul Slebodnik, and Judy Moore.
- Newsletter: Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
- Leslie Bright and Elaine Henson have agreed to help get the Historic Building Committee moving forward again. Now they need several more people to pitch in and help get this important project reinvigorated.