Darlene Bright, History Center Director
Thanks go out to Thomas Gray and Paul Zickell for the framed painting of Captain Harper’s steamship Wilmington. Thanks, also, to Byron Moore for a water safety patch and to Tommy Gore for the gift of 2 photographs of lifeguards from the 1960’s and a photo of the 1960 Little League All Stars. He has also donated a Pony League uniform from 1961. Thank you so much!
- The History Center recorded 93 visitors in May. We had 35 at the June potluck. The gift shop took in a healthy $355.08; it sure helps to have a bunch of new stuff! The History Center was used by Got-‘em-on Live, the UDC and the Pleasure Island Sea Turtle Project board for their meetings. Rebecca also spoke to a graduate education class from UNCW suggesting ways to include our local history in their science classrooms.
- Please welcome new members James Caldwell, Jr. of Kure Beach and The Primrose Cottage a new business supporter.
- Thanks to Demetria Sapienza, Jeannie Gordon, Ron Griffin, Sylvia Snook, and Pat Bolander for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was off. Thanks, also, to Demetria and Lois for getting the Newsletter in the mail this month.
- Thanks AGAIN to Andre’ Blouin for all the time he’s put into the new website. The website is up and it’s chock full of all kinds of great information.. Tony Phillips is keeping things growing on our Facebook page. If you are on Facebook please take time to “like” us and share our posts.
- And don’t forget! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours please tell them you are a member of FPHPS! If you do we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us 458-0502, or them 338-3134. www.wilmingtonwatertours.net
Please Support Our Business Members (w/ web links)
Ned Barnes, Attorney
Britt’s Donut Shop
Carolina Marine Terminal Charles Henson Painting
Coastal K-9 Bakery, Inc.
Got-Em-On-Live Bait Club
Hanover Iron Works
Historical Society of Topsail Island
Kure Beach Fishing Pier
Bob McKoy- Network Real Estate
Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce
Pleasure Island Foundation for a Sustainable Community
Tom Sayre Construction
Tucker Bros. Realty Company
Wilmington Water Tours
Winner Marine Construction
Winner RV Park