Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Sadly, we found out this week that longtime Society member Ann Hertzler has passed away. Ann will be best remembered for her leadership and diligent work on the Oral History Project.
- The History Center recorded 86 visitors! The gift shop took in $ 69.99. The History Center was used by Got-‘em-on Live, the UDC and the Sugar Loaf Preservation Group.
- Welcome to new personal member Rick Both of Carolina Beach and new business member, Mike McCarley, Carolina Marine Terminal.
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Carl Filipiak who is working on the cataloging of the subject files. Also, thanks to Andre’ Blouin for all the time he’s put into the new website. The website is up and it’s chock full of all kinds of great information.
- Fort Fisher Re-enactment: First, I would like to thank Jim Steele, Site Manager, and his staff for including us in the day’s event on Saturday, January 18, and giving us the privilege of providing lunch for the re-enactors and volunteers. It was soooo cold with a wind chill of 17 degrees. I don’t know how they did it, but our volunteers hung in there. Thanks so much to Barry Nelder, John Gordon, Phil & Demetria Sapienza, Leslie Bright and Cheri McNeill, who were there early to help set up. Also, Tony Phillips and Don & Sylvia Snook, who worked until the end and helped break down. It was a hard, hard day, however, we profited approximately $500 in hot dog sales. THANKS TO ALL!
- Newsletter: Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
- Thanks to Tony Phillips for working on our subject files project. He is searching the internet for all kinds of information about the local area and has already contributed a number of great articles.
You can now Purchase Wilmington Water Tours Tickets
At the Federal Point History Center Call 910-458-0502 Or 910-338-3134
Friday February 14, 5:30 – 7:30: Lover’s Moon Valentine’s Day Cruise
Saturday February 15, 5:00 – 7:00: Romantic Harbor Dinner Cruise
Check Out their full schedule at: http://www.zerve.com/WilmingtonWT/Calendar
Support Our Business Members