Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Please keep Virginia Frances in your thoughts and prayers as she continues to battle a number of health issues. We hope she will be back with us soon.
- This month we recorded 23 members and guests at our January meeting. The History Center recorded 36 visitors. The gift shop took in $48.95.
- Please welcome new members Bob Maffitt of Wilmington, and Michael McMahon of Cary. We also added Ned Barnes, Attorney of Carolina Beach to our list of business members.
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Darlene Bright and Juanita Winner for coming in on short notice so Rebecca could meet a writing deadline.
- Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
- Thanks to the crew who worked the sometimes frantic Fort Fisher Reenactment event; Darlene and Leslie Bright, Demetria and Phil Sapienza, Cheri McNeill, Paul Slebodnik, Barry Nelder, Byron Moore, and Jim Dugan. Thanks also to Cheri McNeill, Sylvia Snook, Demetria Sapienza, Rebecca Taylor, Jean Stewart and Jane Dugan our “bakers” who donated homemade cookies for the cause.
- Thanks to Carl Filipiak who has begun cataloging all our subject files on Friday mornings! It’s going to be great to have those files indexed in our regular catalog.
Now available in the Gift Shop!
- Two Captains From Carolina: Moses Grandy, John Newland Maffitt
- Coming of the Civil War by Bland Simpson. University of NC Press, 2012.
Back by popular demand, we have new Society t-shirts on order. They come in “heathered” denim blue and cardinal red and cost $14.00 each. We have all sizes between medium and XXL.