Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- Donations: Thanks to the family of Henry Capillary for donating a variety of articles about “Cappy,” a well-known local denizen who swam in the ocean from pier to pier every summer day for years.
- This month we recorded 63 members at our November Meeting. The History Center recorded 83 visitors! The gift shop took in $211.37. The History Center was used by Got-‘em-on Live and the UDC.
- New Members: Please welcome new members Bonnie Seashore of Carolina Beach, Richard Hardison of Wilmington and Sally Lewis of Carolina Beach. We also added another business member, Bob McCoy of Network Real Estate in Carolina Beach.
- Thanks to Juanita Winner and Ron Griffin for keeping the History Center open while Rebecca was on vacation!
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Carl Filipiak who is working on the cataloging of the subject files. Also, thanks to Andre’ Blouin for all the time he’s put into the new web site. It should be up within the next month.
- Newsletter: Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
You can now Purchase
Wilmington Water Tours
At the Federal Point History Center
Call 910-458-0502 Or 910-338-3134
President – Barry Nelder
Vice-President – Juanita Winner
Secretary – Lois Taylor
Treasurer – Demetria Sapienza
John Gordon (Chairman)