Darlene Bright, History Center Director
- This month we recorded 39 members and guests at our February meeting. The History Center recorded 55 visitors. The gift shop took in $ 57.40.
- A huge thanks to Chris Fonvielle for leading the Walk to Sugar Loaf again this year. We netted $225 in donations.
- Please welcome new member Tony Phillips of Carolina Beach.
- Thanks to our History Center Volunteers Carl Filipiak and Ron Griffin for working on the cataloging of the subject files. That project is finally beginning to move ahead.
- Newsletter: Thanks to Cheri McNeill for her always thorough proofing of the newsletter and Lois Taylor for her help getting the Newsletter in the mail.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED! Rebecca has been madly clipping almost 10 years of old newspapers that had accumulated in our archives. Now we have lots and lots of clippings and new subject folders that need to be filed. No computer experience required.
If you have a couple of hours a week for a short-term project, please consider helping us get all our resources in tip-top shape. We also need people with some basic computer experience to enter these subject records into our online catalog, which is a much more long-term project.
The Society desperately needs one or two people to revitalize the Historic Building Plaque Program! A number of the plaques need to be refurbished and new properties scouted for future documentation.