Among the new titles are:
- From Antietam to Fort Fisher: The Civil War Letters of Edward King Wightman, 1862-1865 and Back Home in Oneida:
- Hermon Clarke and His Letters. (Clarke fought at Fort Fisher.)
- The complete Colonial Records of North Carolina
- Earle J. Hess’s Lee’s Tar Heels: The Pettigrew-Kirkland-MacRae Brigade
- and Zeb Vance: North Carolina‘s Civil War Governor and Gilded Age Political Leader.
These are really important additions to our collection and will be well used by researchers and writers over the coming years.
At last month’s meeting, the Fort Fisher Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy donated Civil War scholar, James McPherson’s new book, War on the Waters: The Union and Confederate Navies in memory of long time member of both the UDC and FPHPS, Virginia Frances.
Board member Byron Moore has donated his Lifeguard helmet and whistle as well as a number of pictures of our stalwart lifeguards from the 1960’s