Submitted by Kendll Doetsch
It looks perfect for a cold winter weekend meal.
8 oz uncooked penne pasta 1 tsp olive oil
Vegetable cooking spray
8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms 1 small onion chopped
1 small red bell pepper chopped 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tsp dried oregano
1⁄4 tsp pepper
16 oz cottage cheese
2 cups shredded roasted chicken
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (divided)
1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
1⁄2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to directions on box and drain
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms and bell pepper. Sauté 4 minutes till tender.
- Add spinach, oregano and pepper.
- Sauté 3 minutes till spinach is wilted.
- Place cottage cheese in a food processor and process until smooth. In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, spinach mixture,
- cooked pasta, chicken, 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, milk and soup. Blend well.
- Spoon mixture into a 9 X 13 baking dish coated in cooking spray. Sprinkle top with remaining cheddar and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 425 for 25 minutes