Thanks to Steve Arthur for doing our Boardwalk tour for a group of local Island Women!
- The History Center recorded 80 visitors in November. There were 36 people in attendance at the November meeting. The History Center was used by the Got-Em-On Live Bait Fishing Club, Step Up for Soldiers, and the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC).
- And don’t forget!! If you take a trip with Wilmington Water Tours, please tell them you are a member of the FPHPS! If you do, we get a portion of your ticket price. Call us at 910-458-0502 or them at 910-338-3134. wilmingtonwatertours.net
- Welcome to new member, Roger Brix from Wilmington.
- Thanks to John Gregory for taking great pictures of the walking tour for the Island Women.
- Thanks to our volunteers in November; James Kohler, Andre Blouin, Steve Arthur, Darlene Bright and Leslie Bright. Refreshments were provided by Steve Arthur and Cheri McNeill. Nancy Gadzuk has graciously agreed to take minutes at the meetings until we find a Secretary.
- Rebecca, Cheri and Darlene greatly appreciate Andre Blouin’s help getting the November newsletter laid up and posted on our web site!!!
- Thanks so much to Juanita Winner’s grandson, Skylar Slaughter, who volunteered for us this month. He helped decorate the History Center for Christmas. Also, he washed the windows and help neaten everything up.
Congratulations to Judge Jay Hockenbury on his retirement from the bench after almost 24 years of distinguished service.